T13/ Power Automate - Tutorial: Create a scheduled cloud flow from a SharePoint list
In this Microsoft Power Automate tutorial, you will learn how to create a scheduled cloud flow of a SharePoint list connected to a Planning Ms project.
To get started, create a new SharePoint list. To do this, go to the SharePoint home page and click on create a list . You can choose from an existing list, just like in our case we are going to open an existing Excel file.
In our Excel file, we have the project schedule data. We will create a table from this data . On the Insert tab, click Table . Make sure 'My table has headers' is checked, then click OK . Now go back to SharePoint and refresh the Excel file . And here we are, we have created a list with the columns of the project.
Now it's time to create our flow on Power Automate to capture schedule data each day. In the Power Automate app, click Create, then Scheduled Cloud Streams . Set the timing for running the flow, for example, every day in the evening.
Add a second step to get the current schedule's SharePoint list items. Select the site and list . If the list does not appear in the available options, you can add a custom value .
Then create a third step, find the action. Create a SharePoint item . Add the site and select the list we just created. Then map the corresponding fields. To summarize this flow, every night it will capture all the data via the 'Get Items' action and will copy all the items to the new list. Save the flow and run it to test it.
Thanks for following this tutorial. See you next time.
.🌟 Exclusive Sponsorship Offer! 🌟
We invite you to participate in our exceptional sponsorship program and win a €50 voucher!
🚀 How to participate?
- Follow us on YouTube /LinkedIn.
- Share our page/this post with your friends and network.
- Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org confirming that you followed and shared, and we'll send you your voucher!
🎁 Benefits for you:
- Receive a €50 voucher to use on our site!
- Discover a preview of our new products, exclusive offers and exciting content!
📜 Terms & Conditions:
- Only one voucher per person.
- The voucher is valid for any purchase on our site.
- Offer valid while vouchers are available.
👥 Join us and let’s grow the Digital Factory Store community together!