T4/ MS Project: Creating advanced filters - Tutorial
In this MS Project tutorial, you will learn how to create advanced filters.
- Filter milestones or important KPIs for your project
These filters would be useful for your complex projects.
To start, let's add a "project name" column to easily identify which project each task belongs to. Right-click on the column header, then click "Insert Column" and type in the column name. Next, assign a project name to each task. You can adjust the column width for better visibility.
Now, let's create an advanced filter to show only project milestones. Go to the "View" tab, then click on "Filter" and select "New Filter". In the window that opens, name this filter. Next, add the criteria:
- Fields: Select the added column where type the column name.
- Conditions: select "equal to".
- Value: type "project".
- Select "And"
- Fields: select column, task name or type "Name"
- Conditions: "contains"
- Value: Type "gate".
With these conditions, this filter will only show tasks in the project that contain the word "gate". Click "Save" .
To apply this filter, return to the "View" tab and select the filter you just created . To remove the filter, click on the triangle next to "tasks" in the column header and choose "Clear filter".
Now let's add a "category" column to classify our milestones. Right-click on the column header, then click "Insert Column" and select "Category". Assign categories to milestones, for example, development, design, etc.
Finally, let's create a filter to show only milestones in the development category. Go to the "View" tab, then click on "Filter", choose "New Filters" . In the window that opens, name this filter. Next, add the following criteria:
- Fields: "Category", conditions: "equal to", value: "development".
- Fields: "Name", conditions: "equal to", value: "gate".
Click "Save" and apply the filter . Feel free to experiment with other criteria to customize your filters to your needs. Thanks for following this tutorial.
.🌟 Exclusive Sponsorship Offer! 🌟
We invite you to participate in our exceptional sponsorship program and win a €50 voucher!
🚀 How to participate?
- Follow us on YouTube /LinkedIn.
- Share our page/this post with your friends and network.
- Send us an email to email@example.com confirming that you followed and shared, and we'll send you your voucher!
🎁 Benefits for you:
- Receive a €50 voucher to use on our site!
- Discover a preview of our new products, exclusive offers and exciting content!
📜 Terms & Conditions:
- Only one voucher per person.
- The voucher is valid for any purchase on our site.
- Offer valid while vouchers are available.
👥 Join us and let’s grow the Digital Factory Store community together!