T9/ MS Project - Tutorial: Creating timelines
In this MS Project tutorial, you will learn how to create timelines for multiple projects.
To get started, go to the View tab then to Split View and check Timeline to show the timeline. Select a task you want to display in the timeline, right-click and click Add to timeline .
Let's try another way to add the task to timeline, select a task , go to Task tab and click Add to timeline . You can select multiple tasks and add them to the timeline.
Now let's move on to the project. Go to the Timeline Format tab and in Insert, click Timeline Bar . This will add a 2nd bar. Click on the new bar added and then select all the important tasks and milestones of project 2 and add them to the timeline .
You can customize the format of tasks and milestones by selecting the taskbars and changing their format . To name the project bar , click Bar Label and enter the project name in bar 2 .
To hide the timeline go to View and uncheck Timeline . To view the timeline without splitting, go to Tasks then Glove Chart and select Timeline . To return to the glove chart, click Glove Chart .
And there you have it, in a few simple steps, you have created and displayed a timeline in Microsoft Project. Thank you for following us and see you soon for a new tutorial.
.🌟 Exclusive Sponsorship Offer! 🌟
We invite you to participate in our exceptional sponsorship program and win a €50 voucher!
🚀 How to participate?
- Follow us on YouTube /LinkedIn.
- Share our page/this post with your friends and network.
- Send us an email to email@example.com confirming that you followed and shared, and we'll send you your voucher!
🎁 Benefits for you:
- Receive a €50 voucher to use on our site!
- Discover a preview of our new products, exclusive offers and exciting content!
📜 Terms & Conditions:
- Only one voucher per person.
- The voucher is valid for any purchase on our site.
- Offer valid while vouchers are available.
👥 Join us and let’s grow the Digital Factory Store community together!